Do you know where your data centers are?

Back “in the day” there was a Public Service Announcement that went something like this…it’s 10 pm, do you know where your children are?  I was reminded of that by today’s news.

In February, 2009, President Obama decided that his administration should reduce the number of “federal data centers”.

Data centers facilitate computer processing; they can be used for data storage, networking or housing servers. White House officials believe the number of facilities, spread out across many different agencies, is inefficient.

Today we learned that the federal government will shut down 137 data centers out of the 2094 data centers that exist.

The heck you say.  Why did it take over two years to do close any data centers?

Yup, these guys, regardless of what party is in power, will do a nifty keen job of running your health care.

1. Shared Sacrifice
    Shared Sacrifice says:

I’ll bet there was a commission of hatchet men so the elected officials wouldn’t have to take any blame and the closings were only in red states…

2. winnie888
    winnie888 says:

Hope he left enough open to handle all those paperless medical records that are coming to a doctor’s office near you very soon.? I wonder how long it’ll take someone to hack that system?? I suppose that giving up a reasonable expectation of confidentiality is the price to pay when it comes to being “FAIR” and making sure everyone has equal(ly crappy) health care.
    Thank you, SOS, for keeping me in the know on this stuff…I was able to take advantage of your teachings in class the other night.? It was the most fun I’ve had in that class so far.? Professor screaming that things need to change and Obamacare will do that…me raising my hand and simply asking, “If it’s so great, why is Napolitano (an Obama appointee) handing out waivers to big, rich corporations?? If it’s so great, why do members of congress get to keep their cadillac health care plans that we pay for with our tax dollars?”
    Speechless?? More like dumbfounded…the guy didn’t know what had just hit him.? Twas a thing of beauty!? 😀

• Plainvillian
      Plainvillian says:

Not to worry about those paperless records – GE got billions to start a medical records division.? I wonder why that would happen, don’t you?
      ?
      ?

Winnie, Good for you! We Conservatives have to be obsessive about our fact checking before we open our mouths. Liberals just spout their mantra and most of the time their audience just nods their collective heads! I hope you get a passing grade, but then again, you know you just got an A for substance and knowledge of the issue.

4. BEA
    BEA says:

“Why did it take?over two years?to do close any data centers? ‘The process proved complicated because it took months for officials to determine how many even existed. [emphasis supplied]'”
    It’s like clowns?in a three ring circus. Sigh…

5. Tim-in-Alabama
    Tim-in-Alabama says:

Don’t mock data centers, you little mockers. It’s important that our government invest in data centers in places like … Brazil for instance.