In January, Pew Research conducted a telephone poll asking the public what their top priorities were. Here are the results.
The top five policy issues that concern Americans are, in descending order,
- strengthening the economy
- improving the job situation
- reducing the budget deficit
- defending against terrorism, and,
- making Social Security sound.
Those all sound like familiar topics, and, at least to me, quite important for our President to address.
The bottom five policy issues that concern Americans are, in descending order,
- dealing with illegal immigration
- strengthening gun laws
- dealing with global trade
- improving infrastructure, and, last, but not least,
- dealing with global warming.
Anyone have any guesses which of the above policy issues the President will deem as his priorities in his State of the Union Address on Tuesday?