On Nov. 18, I wrote over at Conservative247 about John Ziegler’s poll and video posted at How Obama Got Elected. Hat tip to Ed at Hot Air who highlights Ziegler’s – not really needed – vindication efforts.
Here are some of the results from the new poll.
- 35% of McCain voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.
- 18% of Obama voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.
- McCain voters knew which party controls congress by a 63-27 margin.
- Obama voters got the “congressional control” question wrong by 43-41.
- Those that got “congressional control” correct voted 56-43 for McCain.
- Those that got “congressional control” wrong voted 65-35 for Obama.
As I mentioned on Nov. 18…
It certainly is probable that voters who blindly vote Republican are almost as uninformed as those who blindly voted Obama.
I was correct in my assumption since only a third of McCain voters scored 10 out of 13 correct, but remember that Ziegler was really interested in how media bias moved citizens to vote for one candidate or another. I think he has proven his point.
Since Zogby was not interested in doing the second poll, Wilson Research Strategies was commissioned for the new poll asking the same questions – slightly tweaked. The full PDF with results is available.