Racism does exist, but labeling conservative views “racist” dilutes the term

I was serious when I wrote … “I get physically ill. Seriously, I feel like I’m going to puke right now” when referring to the comments from MNSBC contributor and socialist Touré. AP at and Ed Morrissey at Hot Air both have posts on the subject I want to point you to, and we’ll introduce you to Kira Davis.

AP writes

If you’re a liberal watching Touré, chances are it’s for one reason: Because he likes to pronounce on what’s racist and what isn’t, and usually “what’s racist” lines up nicely with the left’s political agenda. See, e.g., his meditation last month at Time on how Romney’s fleeting criticism of ObamaCare during his speech to the NAACP proves that — you guessed it — he’s racist.

He mentions MSNBC is probably fine with this since it drives future ratings, figuring people – including conservatives – will at least watch and record future segments as they wait for more incendiary language that is certain to come. Hey, even bad press is press!

Morrissey found this gem of a video posted by conservative Kira Davis who lives in California. She’s absolutely right, and I’ll ask Jim if he can reach out to have her as a guest on the big radio show soon.

httpvh://youtu.be/dc1xrKLlOwo

From her video…

When you accuse Mitt Romney and other conservatives like me of being racist based on no other proof besides the fact that we vehemently disagree with this President and his policies, you dilute the history and experiences of people like me. You cheapen that word – nigger. You rob it of it’s true horror – a horror we should never forget or take for granted. Not only that, Toure; but you cheapen yourself. You make it clear to blacks like me that you, indeed have no clue in hell what real racism is or where it can be found.

Amen.

But I understand it’s all the Democrats have at this point. It’s the card they always play. Their socialist policies that increase the size, scope and power of the federal government is what I vehemently disagree with. What’s sad here is that Kira Davis will not get the press Sandra Fluke received, she won’t get a phone call from the president, she won’t get asked to come give presentations. Instead – I guarantee – she’ll be labeled a traitor to her race and/or deemed brainwashed by the white political machine. That’s what is sickening here.

1. stinkfoot
    stinkfoot says:

The race baiting tactics of the likes of Tour? are a tell that he and his ilk couldn’t possibly be less concerned about the issue of racism and what his rhetoric does to cheapen it.? The Obama lap dog MSM just wants to divide an opposition they have every reason to fear; they don’t care that their words are injurious to those actually affected by the issue they’ve hijacked for their purposes.? Kira’s words ring true but they will land on deaf ears.

2. Eric
    Eric says:

Liberals have nothing more then extreme language. ?Face it, their ideas really suck! ?What else have these shallow souls got to complain about!

3. Eric
    Eric says:

I would also suggest that our liberal brothers and sisters are much more likely to have a racist ?streak, and that’s because they’re ALWAYS the first ones to scream racist… as if the word is just waiting to be spoken. ?Leftists are some of the most intolerant people I’ve ever known.

4. Gary J
    Gary J says:

?This gal deserves a medal. She’s smart way beyond her young years. This video needs some kind of internet award.? Myself, I’ve never seen a better one. This is the kind of person that should be running for congress or the senate. Not the money hungry kool aid drinkers we are stuck with.

5. JBS
    JBS says:

Kira Davis definitly nailed Tour?’s performance for what it is.
    ?
    Further demonization of Romney and the Conservatives, in general. Tour? was engaging in hate speech, not that the Left would ever admit to that.

Of course the left has to embrace “racism” wherever they can. ?How else will they explain the disproportionately high black unemployment, especially under this regime’s tender ministrations?

7. Tim-in-Alabama
    Tim-in-Alabama says:

She’s a lovely young lady. Too bad she endured Canadian rednecks growing up. She should have grown up in north Alabama. She’d had have a great childhood because we rock down here. I think Tourettes would be a giant goober no matter his race, but he just happens to belong to a subset that deals race cards from the left and bottom of the deck.