Obama to America: Hey, did you hear the one about the shovel ready project?

Yeah, Mr President, that one’s a real knee slapper. Obama met yesterday with his jobs council … headed by a man, by the way, who lives off government contracts, and I don’t just mean military contracts… and literally laughed off the stimulus failure. Yeah, that’s a funny one.

If it were not so serious for so many people I would just laugh off his laughing off. Instead this one really set me off. It’s not exactly a “I feel your pain” moment. Question, how long before we see this in a Republican ad?

President Obama’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness met today in Durham, NC at Cree Inc., a company that manufactures energy-efficient LED lighting. One of the Council’s recommendations to President Obama was to streamline the federal permit process for construction and infrastructure projects. It was explained to Obama that the permitting process can delay projects for “months to years … and in many cases even cause projects to be abandoned … I’m sure that when you implemented the Recovery Act your staff briefed you on many of these challenges.” At this point, Obama smiled and interjected, “Shovel-ready was not as … uh .. shovel-ready as we expected.” The Council, led by GE’s Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter.

Lets’s tally shall we? 9.1% unemployment … 14 million plus unemployed, 6 million chronically, more than 4 trillion dollars in new debt, one trillion dollars on shovel ready projects that did not and won’t. Yeah, that one’s a real funny. Why I would say it almost makes laugh as much as the last whopper he told.

Bwahahahahaha. What a card.

1. TomL
    TomL says:

Obama smiled and interjected, ?Shovel-ready was not as ? uh .. shovel-ready as we expected.? The Council, led by GE?s Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter.

Translation for us little people:??We didn’t have a clue as to?what we were doing and we still don’t, then everyone laughed at?obama and not with him. ?????

2. GdavidH
    GdavidH says:

The “shovel ready” line was not funny, but Obama sure is a joke.

It’s almost like he doesn’t care.

Oh, ?bama is “shovel ready”.?? What you have to worry about is what he is shoveling.? In huge amounts.
    ?
    Get your hip boots on!

4. Jeff S
    Jeff S says:

They’re laughing because they’re thinking to themselves “Could it be this easy!”? Hopefully the little “mobsters” are beginning to wake up.

5. Linda Mae
    Linda Mae says:

I hear the same laughter at the unemployment office.? Oh – wait – no – they are tears!? This is what our president honestly thinks of those without jobs.? Ho, ho, ho! Obama has to go!

6. Tim-in-Alabama
    Tim-in-Alabama says:

I could not stop laughing at this click. I’m so glad America finally has a smart and funny president who’s quick with a quip. We’re laughing with his incredible, nuanced humor, not laughing at him because he says something stupid or mispronounces words like Bush. Wreckovery Summer continues. An organic chicken in every pot! Hope, Change and Bumps! Shovel Ready Speeches! Yes, We Cannot!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] Romney: Hey, I’m unemployed too UPDATE: Begala outraged Posted by Jim Vicevich on June 17, 2011 at 8:08 am | Share via e-mail Oh brother. Would someone please tell this guy to stop trying to be just one of the guys. It’s an unforced error my little mobsters. ?but is it as bad as the young president laughing at the stimulus failure? […]