It’s amusing President Obama won’t release a statement concerning the Gaza flotilla “peace” activist’s attack on the Israeli defense forces, while he had no problem at all stating the Cambridge Police Department acted stupidly last summer.
We had no video from the arrest of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. in Cambridge, yet Obama felt comfortable degrading law enforcement in public. Now we’ve seen video, after video, after video, after video of the attacks by Hamas (terrorist) supporters who were not trying to bring supplies to Gaza, rather create an international incident that would put Israel on the defense and get all the bobble-heads at the United Nations in a stir for the next few months.
And Obama stays silent.
Points of fact:
- Israel suggested the flotilla bring the supplies to an Israeli port for inspection and they would be quickly delivered to Gaza. The supporters of terrorists refused.
- Israel knew they were heading to Gaza and demanded to inspect the cargo. The supporters of terrorists refused.
- Israeli defense forces tried to board the vessels to inspect and were repelled with flash bangs, chains, sling shots, wooden bats and steel pipes.
- Once the IDF rappelled in from helicopters, they were immediately attacked. (They seem to have defended themselves with pistols, but some pistols were taken from them by the supporters of terrorists and used against them. I’m willing to bet some of the dead were shot by the supporters of terrorists themselves.)
- The supplies were going to be delivered – at least some of them – but Hamas has refused the shipment.
- Gaza seems to be doing pretty good when it comes to supplies already. Where is the desperate need?
Don’t like my sourced link in number 6 since most of the news you hear concerning conditions in Gaza are terrible? How about a report from a Danish journalist who traveled into Gaza this week [translation]?
When I yesterday morning drove through Gaza City, I was immediately surprised that there are almost as many traffic jams as there always has been. Is there not a shortage of fuel? Apparently not. Gasoline is not even rationed.
Many shops were closed yesterday, Hamas has declared a general strike in protest against Israel’s brutal and deadly attack on the Turkish flotilla with pro-Palestinian activists on board. So it was difficult to estimate how many products were on the shelves. Therefore I went over to the Shati refugee camp, also known as Beach Camp. Here is one of Gaza’s many vegetable markets that sell much more than just fruits and vegetables.
I will not say whether, in better times has been a larger product range than there was yesterday. But there was certainly no shortage of vegetables, fruits or any other ordinary, basic foods. Tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, watermelons, potatoes – mountains of these items in the many stalls.
I must admit I was a little surprised. Because when I call down here to my Palestinian friends, they tell me about all the problems and deficiencies, so I expected that the crisis was a little more clear.
And the first woman we interviewed in the market confirms this strange, contradictory, negative mindset:
“We have nothing,” she said. We need everything! Food, drinks … everything! ”
It disturbed her not at least that she stood between the mountains of vegetables, fruit, eggs, poultry and fish, while she spun this doomsday scenario.
What is the truth concerning conditions in Gaza?
Terrorist are really good at getting their subjects to comply with orders. Hamas is no different, they control the people, economy and government in Gaza. It’s called propaganda … look it up.
FoxNews video courtesy Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit.
At least Vice President Joe Biden had his head screwed on correctly this morning. From Ben Smith at Politico.
“[The Israelis have] said, ‘Here you go. You’re in the Mediterranean. This ship — if you divert slightly north you can unload it and we’ll get the stuff into Gaza.’ So what’s the big deal here? What’s the big deal of insisting it go straight to Gaza? Well, it’s legitimate for Israel to say, ‘I don’t know what’s on that ship. These guys are dropping eight — 3,000 rockets on my people,'” Biden said.