“Gee … do you think he’ll text me?”, she said coquettishly

Another weekend funny … and this is very very very comment worthy. Flirt texting.No, really.

It has all the elements of becoming the most watched video on the blog today and so I have posted this for pure web site traffic reasons. Other than that .. it says way too much about our culture.

Two very hot women, Olivia Baniuszewicz and Debra Goldstein talk about their new book “Flirttexting” with two good lookin’ guys from Fox, about the new wave in flirting and dating. Boy meets girl, boy hits on girl, girl waits for … a text? I hate to keep repeating myself but … we are doomed. Here’s the video … then you comment.

1. Darlene
    Darlene says:

Okay, so I can spend hours with a person and have trouble figuring out who he is and what game he is playing, but 5-minute dating and text-flirting is the new "first date."  Excuse me for saying this … but …. OMG and LOL.   And, just let me be clear … I am not "commenting under the influence."

2. gillie28
    gillie28 says:

"It has all the elements of becoming the most watched video on the blog today…" too much frustrated testosterone, obviously. Fox has too many bimbo babes for just that reason. Sorry, not impressed. Now, if you had a few Chippendale types…..

3. gillie28
    gillie28 says:

Can't believe I actually listened to it, and I wasn't even  TUI.  I must have wanted to "enhance my connections" – omg, lol…waiting for your text, Jim…nhmb (that's my own text invention "Not Holding My Breath!"

4. TomTGRWolcott
    TomTGRWolcott says:

Remember,

Texting and Driving are Illegal! so in no way should one take part in this activity if you are driving….you could kill somebody!

Now if your texting and driving at the same time could we now have a new catagory of

TextKilling????

5. TomTGRWolcott
    TomTGRWolcott says:

Oh and as a follow up to my loast post here…could there be a special law written up … I mean I would have to think that someone, somewhere would want special protection under the law?

6. Anne-EH
    Anne-EH says:

After seeing this video, I am happy I am not a wiz in texting. Internet research, excellent, e-mailing, very good, chatting online, no problem despite typing as fast as possible to keep up, twittering, when there is a reason, but text messaging, still struggling to put a few words together. Jim, you hit it on the NAIL, this video would attract not only a few laughs, but blog traffic. :)=^..^=

7. ali-t
    ali-t says:

The comments above are funnier than the story itself.   I think texting is the whimpy way out for guys to ask for a date … for heaven's sakes, dudes, man-up!   No girl worth dating tolerates a gutless wonder….

8. Anne-EH
    Anne-EH says:

This commentary with the video reminds me of an United Airlines commercial a couple of years back when a business executive told a meeting of staff that a customer canceled the contract because of poor communications from the company because of too much use of just faxing communications. He gaved out to the staff United Airlines tickets and told them to go to all his customers and TALK to them in person, including tickets to himself so he could get to the customer that canceled the contract. Lesson from this, that it takes person-to-person communications and not texting messages in order to either date or just to talk to people. :)=^..^=

9. WagTheDog
    WagTheDog says:

OMG – These grls r just 2 cute – LOL  Like i wuld date either 1.  like take them to the wnt, or like like like like

You get the point.

10. libertarian27
    libertarian27 says:

Old-Skool Texting

— …. / — -.– / –. — — -.. -. . … … / – …. .. … / .- .-. – .. -.-. .-.. . / .. … / … — / –. — — -.. / .– .-. .. – . / — . / -… .- -.-. -.- / — -.- / .-.. .- ..- –. …. / — ..- – / .-.. — ..- -..

LOL

11. Lazybum
    Lazybum says:

They did not mention DUMPING a girl/boyfriend….happened to my son once. Man, that was cold.

12. TomTGRWolcott
    TomTGRWolcott says:

Okay so after the …—…— method of communication came the telegram..

Jane Stop

I am heading to the steak house stop

do you want to join me stop

we can do dutch stop