How else can you explain it? Four years ago, the Democrat elite were saying that only someone with prior military experience could bring the United States out of the at-war condition we were in. Of course Wesley Clark was one of those candidates, but as it turned out, John Kerry reported for duty and pretty much fell on his French-looking face.
Author note: While I’m away from the computer, I’m republishing my top 20 posts from 2008 each afternoon. -Steve
Yesterday, Clark visited with Bob Schieffer on Face the Nation and tossed Obama under the bus. Clark inferred that McCain’s military experience – although noble – did not add up to the executive experience needed to be commander and chief. He went on to argue that being a senator and serving on the Senate’s Armed Services Committee for years does not qualify him either.
Just to clarify, Clark is supporting Barack Obama.
Look, for those of you who know me, you’ve heard my opinion about senators and house members; they just don’t make good presidential candidates. They really have not managed as an executive. Most presidents come from the ranks of governors, not the legislature. Check it out some day.
I read this on Malkin’s site, who has confirmed that Wesley Clark really is an idiot.
When asked by host Bob Schieffer how he came to describe McCain as “untested and untried,” Clark said it was “because in the matters of national security policy-making, it’s a matter of understanding risk. It’s a matter of gauging your opponents and it’s a matter of being held accountable. John McCain’s never done any of that in his official positions,” adding, “He hasn’t made the calls.”
When Schieffer noted Obama has not had wartime experiences, Clark said: “Well, I don’t think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president.”
Hot Air has the video from the Face the Nation interview, and here are some key points that Ed Morrissey put together about Obama.
Let’s point out a few things about Barack Obama:
- In “the matter of national security policy making.” Barack Obama hasn’t ever doneanything.
- In the matter of gauging your “opponents”, Obama wants to meet with them without preconditions despite having no national-security, military, or diplomatic experience.
- Barack Obama hasn’t been on the Senate Armed Services Committee.
- Barack Obama hasn’t had any executive experience.
- Barack Obama hasn’t commanded anything, in wartime or not.
- Barack Obama hasn’t dealt with diplomats in any capacity at all.
- Barack Obama hasn’t ordered the bombs to fall, although to be fair, he has associated himself with someone who has — William Ayers.
So Wesley, if you’re not going to vote for McCain, give me a reason why you’re going to vote for Obama?
Oh never mind, you’re now irrelevant.