The new hyphenated American

That would be the woman-American.

Friday, the President will deliver “remarks” before a special Woman’s Conference at the White House.

Obama, though, appears to be crafting his pitch to women around more than just economic matters. After igniting outcry on the right by initially forcing insurers for some faith-based employers to provide coverage for birth control, the president has used the controversy to ridicule Republican social positions.

Of course, the Republican  position has nothing to do with “‘social positions”, but rather constitutional “positions”.  Certainly there are some Republicans, as there are Democrats, who are opposed to birth control, but none of them are trying to eliminate birth control from this country.

The issue here is, can the federal government force a religious organization to violate its beliefs?  Does the First Amendment exist only when the President says it does, and, only for some?

Meanwhile, the President is trying to splinter off another group of soon to be hyphenated Americans.

Who was it that said, “divide and conquer”?

And, I hope the hyphenated women are not that stupid.

1. Jeff S
    Jeff S says:

As each day goes by, I am amazed by what zero comes up with to further divide the nation.  Truly a sign of a desperate president.

2. Plainvillian
    Plainvillian says:

As spokesman for the Retired-Fallen Protestant-Scots-Irish-German-Belgian-American voting block, I demand recognition, programs and subsidies, especially subsidies!

Well I haven’t fallen for it and most of my true friends haven’t either. But, if the lie is repeated enough the uninformed will believe. I just have to hope the informed will out number the uninformed.

4. cherwin
    cherwin says:

Yes, conquer and divide, that’s B.O.”s  M.O. In four years I have heard more new terms thrown around than I have in my entire life. “White Hispanic”?  Adding the word “White” justifies what they say because they won’t admit that when the black on black shootings or stabbings occur everynight all over this country, no one will even address the problem.
    If anything good comes out of B.O.’s administration it may be that he has forced so many more people to look at the inner city problems and come to realize that the cost of feeding, giving medical care, paying their rent, buying their drugs with their debit cards, etc.etc.etc. is the crux of the whole downfall of the economy.

5. Tim-in-Alabama
    Tim-in-Alabama says:

You know how them hyphens is. Ya gotcher good hyphens, and ya gotcher bad hyphens.

6. stinkfoot
    stinkfoot says:

Shall I relabel my mixed Caucasian “heritage” as non-minority pedigree challenged?  The only social “position” relevant in this reign of error is prone- appropriate for what BO’s minions are doing to the population.  I await the next faction to be legislatively sodomized in the name of fairness- though the administration really ought to take a break and let the chafing heal a bit.

7. JBS
    JBS says:

The Z-e-r-o is a true community dis-organizer.
    Among many other negative things. This guy is killing the country! All for his political sport.

There is one common thread to all “hyphenated” people, either voluntarily or involuntarily: “American” always gets put last.

9. sammy22
    sammy22 says:

The American population has been divided up in politics and marketing since “forever”. Even electoral districts have been sectioned off following some hyphenated criterion. Nothing new here. And never mind all those “special interest groups”.

10. winnie
    winnie says:

I’d like to float this idea for yet another hyphenated American (since this American-woman crap is just that:  crap)…
    I’d prefer to be referred to as a Disillusioned-American, or a very Annoyed-American.

11. Shared Sacrifice
    Shared Sacrifice says:

I distinctly remember the caterwauling that Bush was supposed to be a uniter- not a divider! (Eleanor Clift comes to mind)   How has “Hope and Change” and a Democrat super majority turned so quickly into such a nasty and divisive community organizing smear campaign?
    When he compared himself to Lincoln, I wasn’t expecting another civil war 🙁 he’s a real home wrecker!