TEA Party Friday, April 15 at the Connecticut Capitol

Last November, TEA Party enthusiasts from all political parties sent a message to politicians – we’re Taxed Enough Already. The US House of Representatives flipped to Republican control and state legislatures across the country did the same. Will you be attending a 2011 TEA Party this Friday?

Here in Connecticut – where the state legislature and executive branch are now in the control of Democrats – the largest TEA Party will be from noon to 2 p.m. on Friday, April 15 on the north steps of the Connecticut State Capitol Building.

Buy your Taxed Enough Already T-shirts and hats right here

By attending a TEA Party – and they are held all over the United States daily or weekly – you’re certain to meet a few new friends who agree with you, and there’s a chance you’ll meet a few people you do not agree with … and that’s perfectly OK. Take the opportunity to listen and learn from them. Maybe you’ll choose to walk away, maybe you’ll learn something new, or maybe you’ll take the opportunity to mentor others through history, education and analogies.

That’s what we do here – at least try to do – at Radio Vice Online. I write content in an effort to teach and promote conservative and libertarian principles through mentoring and analogies. Some people like the stuff I write, some don’t. Many of those who don’t get it tend to twist my words or change the subject and that’s OK. I don’t have to listen to them just like they don’t have to actually read and comprehend the content of what I’ve written.  😉

Click here for parking information in Hartford. Here is an interactive map with parking lots and garages. The Star Shuttle roams around Hartford with pick ups every 12 minutes near parking options, but you’ll have to walk across Bushnell Park to get to the capitol.

If your TEA Party group is sponsoring a bus that will provide transportation to the Connecticut Capitol this Friday, send us an email with all of the details and we’ll post it it here.

Note: Even though I think Jim Vicevich will be a guest speaker at the TEA Party in Hartford, Radio Vice Online is not sponsoring or organizing the TEA Party on April 15 at the Connecticut State Capitol.

Bus Transportation to the TEA Party in Hartford on April 15
Radio Vice Online can not vouch for the accuracy of this information.

• From Plainville, leaving at 10:30 a.m. Cost is $10. Contact Gene Meccariello at (860) 628-7535.
  • From Stamford, leaving at 9:30 a.m. Contact Ed Thomas at (203) 981-4648

Contact us to add your bus.

Updated April 12 at noon ET to push to top.

1. weregettinghosed
    weregettinghosed says:

Citizens need know we are a self-governed nation, based on freedom and equality; all citizens are a part of the government, it is our duty to participate within any venue opening a platform for redress. If you do not approve or like what is going on, you are an integral part of the solution, you are part of the self governed; your opinion, and voice counts as much as any other, we are equal and free. Feel you are not part of and accustom to the evils you suffer, then stay home, but if you no longer wish to suffer the evil ills of this regime, get out, stand up and show your disapproval. Whether those ruling us, will listen and give up their power, giving it back to us, is yet another issue; we may be stand up to deaf ears I am deeply afraid, still we stand, reaffirming the power of the people.

2. Gary J
    Gary J says:

We were hosed we sure were. Now when people go to Washington they get one sip of the water and they have the disease. Just look at the promises and results and see. Kool-aid has more power than the people.

I will be there with as many friends as I can bring. I am proud to say it will be my 3rd Tax Day, Tea Party. The first one I went to, I went alone, the second with 5 others.  I am glad you included the Liberty ad. I just heard about Liberty and saw the ad for the first time on Channel 3 at 5:30 pm.  It's catchy. I was not sure whether we are still using the Tea Party name or changing to Tax Day.  It doesn't matter. I'm hoping we make a BIG crowd.

4. BEA
    BEA says:

Omgosh…that's my son holding the flag in the picture!! Ziggy came up and handed it to him to wave. I love Ziggy's passion for our country!! Was fortunate enough to bring the kids that year…now they're in the public high school (sigh) so I'll be going solo, but I wouldn't miss it!!

5. CindyV10
    CindyV10 says:

I want to go, my husband wants to go and my boss wants to go, but noon to 2:00?!?!  Not everyone can get off of work!  Are there ever any tea parties with more reasonable hours for working people?  So many more people would go

I ordered my RVO and Tea Party Shirt yesterday and I received it today! It's almost to my knees and I will proudly wear it! Great service. See you there

7. Shared Sacrifice
    Shared Sacrifice says:

These folks claiming to be disgruntled with Tea Party- so they're not going tomorrow…  I think they're shills from SEIU or some other lefty clowns who hope to tamp down morale.

8. DanC
    DanC says:

If Jim V gets to speak , it will icing on the cake.  He gave a great speech 2 years ago. I still have it on my favorites on You Tube.

9. LeeAnn
    LeeAnn says:

Jim, I am a loyal listener of your show.  I have become a regular caller and email correspondent to local, state and federal elected officials, airing my dissatisfaction with the current policies.  I have been to the April 15th Tea Parties held in Hartford the last 2 years.  Unfortunately, I probably cannot attend tomorrow.  After continuing losses in the past few years and several bouts of layoffs, our small contracting business is barely operating at skeleton crew and I am the only one in the office tomorrow.  I am a little upset with your characterizing those who won't be there as "getting what they deserve".  I have no choice – I am lucky to be working at this point.  Please reconsider making such generalizations in the future.