Sen. Rand Paul – We never even saw legislation we voted on

I could not find the legislation online until mid-morning on Jan. 1. As soon as the bill was published in PDF format by Joseph Weisenthal from Business Insider I put up the shortest post in my history; one line. I’m not sure where Weisenthal got it, but I know it was not published on this official page at any time that morning.

It was not at OpenCongress.org either. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky) had the following to say on Sean Hannity last night.

“This is no way to run a government.”

httpvh://youtu.be/-mIYFT2U51s

1. gillie28
    gillie28 says:

Am so disgusted with politics and politicians.? They are mostly?the scum of the earth and this recent fiasco just exemplified it.? Two MAJOR pieces of legislation, that will cost us tax-payers billions, passed without being read?????? Unbelievable. They have no shame or conscience. God help them when they have to give account for the actions to their Creator.

2. stinkfoot
    stinkfoot says:

No surprise here.? They didn’t read the “Obamacare” legislation, either:
    “We have to pass our bill so that you can find out what is in it.” -Nancy Pelosi
    Transparency?

3. sammy22
    sammy22 says:

I am not surprised. But then, they had a couple of years to come up with legislation on the subject. Both Dems and Repubs allowed it to happen.

4. JollyRoger
    JollyRoger says:

Selective outrage from the liberal troller- nothing but a yawn unless Dimsdale dares express an intolerable rightist comment:)

• Steve McGough
      Steve McGough says:

sammy22 is not a troll on this site. He’s been here for a long time and may have different opinions than you or I … but he is not a troll. And he is absolutely correct, Democrats and Republicans allowed this to happen. I’ve been saying for years … this is a federal government problem and as I understand it sammy22 agrees with me, but thinks I’m being unrealistic demanding they allow power to be returned to the states.

• gillie28
        gillie28 says:

Glad you responded like that, Steve.? Sammy has participated here for a long time, and am grateful he does – how boring if?everyone said the same thing all the time.?
        The anonymous face of the internet allows posters to write things they’d never say directly, and often ruins forums.? Thanks for staying on top of this one.

5. Plainvillian
    Plainvillian says:

A pox upon them all.? We really need a new Constitutional Party or a revolution; what we have now is totally dysfunctional.

• Lynn

Interesting that you say that. In the 1880’s Grover Cleveland was elected President and he was a member of the Bourbon Democrat Party. While this party was not a constitutional party, it was An anti-corruption and true fiscal conservative pro gold standard party. I researched him after reading a quote that Shock and Awe posted on the Bloomberg post. ?It is time for a third party, both parties have become political hacks. I think the Tea Party has the best foundation perhaps with a different name. Marketing is essential to garner support. Perhaps to lure the Democrats to support it, we could call it the Cool Party or maybe the Iced Tea Party.

6. gillie28
    gillie28 says:

Wish there was some undiscovered land I could discover and become dictator of!? Only would allow those who met?high?standards to live there – tax free of course.? Have to wait till after this life, I guess.