Ridiculous idea of the week: Charge your mobile device with a breathing mask

I guess if it’s an emergency situation where you have no power and absolutely have to make a phone call or listen to a Kenny Chesney track, you might find someone charging their mobile device with one of these masks while hiding in their basement…

I’m pretty certain I’m not going to see anyone running on the street with this contraption strapped on their face. I’m still trying to figure out if this story in the Daily Mail is a spoof. My emphasis.

Soon going for a run won’t just help your fitness levels, it’ll give your phone a boost too thanks to an ingenious new inventionthat uses the air from your lungs to charge it.

The clever piece of kit, dubbed the AIRE mask, harnesses the wind power created by breathing and converts it into electricity to run anything from your iPod to your mobile.

The electronic mask contains tiny wind turbines and the energy created is transferred through a cable to your electronic device.

Inventor Joco Paulo Lammoglia, from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, said the device could be used in all situations from running to sleeping.

He said: ‘I hope to bring the concept into production and reduce the carbon footprint.

Goodness greif. Does the designer realize how much extra CO2 runners put out when they are running?   😉

Slap an Apple logo on it, and watch ’em line up!
    ?
    Kinda reminds me of the movie “Blue Velvet”…..

2. Murphy
    Murphy says:

Require every politician the US of A to wear one and we can supply the world with FREE ELECTRICITY!!
    Hold it the back pressure would increase the concentration of CO2 in your breath causing you to not think as clear….. it’s trick to re-elect Obama…. darn it nothings free.

3. Plainvillian
    Plainvillian says:

It is ridiculous but since I don’t suffer chromosomal recidivism the photo sold me, and I don’t own a single Apple product.

4. Tim-in-Alabama
    Tim-in-Alabama says:

I think it’s rather clever, plus, they’re not getting any taxpayer money … at present.

5. Tracy
    Tracy says:

Soon someone will invent a similar device for the other end, and promote it’s use to power an enviro-car. 😉

6. teeoff55
    teeoff55 says:

Gee, just wonderin’…If you could run far enough to fully charge your mobile device, can you plug the mask into an outlet when you get home and sell the generated power back to the utility company? ?;-)

Oh NO, It’s just another way to muzzle strong, attractive? women. Marketing, marketing, all those greenies will be buying them for their girlfriends and wives. Mini-burkas anyone?