Ramirez Cartoon: Obama leadership … “I hear you”

I wrote about this subject last week and political cartoonist Michael Ramirez brings the same up today. What’s your reaction to blaming all of the problems on business executives who will not “step up?”

Click here or on the thumbnail to view the full cartoon.

Now that blaming Bush is falling flat – especially with less than 18 months to go until election day – he’s gotta find someone else to blame. We’re going to see more Democrats calling Republicans racist and in-the-pocket of big, bad business for some time to come. This is easy for the liberal/left/statist to do … the question is do conservatives and the GOP have the hutzpa to stand up to the powerful politicians?

I had this conversation with Jim last night. I really think many conservatives are not interested in stepping out. Sure, the TEA Party movement has helped quite a bit, but I’m convinced many keep their mouths shut – even around friends and family members – to simply avoid being associated with politicians who may do a good job.

How many times have you bitten your lip when someone said something about a public figure who is or could eventually run for office? Think about the pure hatred associated with Palin, Gingrich or George W. Bush. Even politicians know that everyone is not going to like them or what they stand for. Maybe we should remember that.

1. Don Lombardo
    Don Lombardo says:

Bottom line: Anybody who isn’t in one of the Democratic Party’s protected groups is a RACIST.

2. PatRiot
    PatRiot says:

The Gov’t has threatened Americans?with loss of freedoms (Patriot Act), financial slavery and made it illegal to take Wall St. thugs to court.? Napolitano?military personnel terrorists.?? Schumer and others threaten T.E.A. Partiers for speaking up and causing unrest.
    I am tired of being?threatened.? I am tired of Americans and patriots being maligned.? Everyday I am finding it easier to speak freely and be more confident in my point of view.? Finding others of like mind – common sense – regardless of?party.
    I, like all of us, am being tested, in my faith and my patriotism.?And I don’t like to fail.? And I know what?will happen if I do nothing.?? But the longer the threatening goes on, the uglier the soluton to it gets.

3. ricbee
    ricbee says:

Obama has been using the “bully pulpit” since well before his election. In fact,it is the only thing he does well( & so very often),but his friends in the media act like words are actions & praise his every word as a deed well done. I’m still not buying the OBL thing. They probably had his body on ice in a cave for a year & just embellished his death from diabetes.

4. joe_m
    joe_m says:

The elections will be fixed. It’s time to take to the streets and demand the resignation of all politicians.

The problem is, we do not have the will to do what is needed. Please tell me I’m wrong.

5. Tim-in-Alabama
    Tim-in-Alabama says:

In a gutsy move, the Warrior President reluctantly killed Bin Laden so he could get back to more important stuff like going after domestic “enemies.”

6. OkieJim
    OkieJim says:

I absolutely love Michael Rodr?guez. He sees things so clearly, and passes what he sees on to the rest of us. Thanks, Steve, for publishing this.