For those of you who keep bringing up the “fact” that President George W. Bush screwed up and missed bin Laden back in Tora Bora after Sept. 11, Uncle Jimbo over at Blackfive has a not so long ago history lesson for you.
I really like the straight-forward no-holds-barred writing from Uncle Jimbo over at Blackfive. I know we were trying to get him on the big radio show a few weeks back, but I’m not sure it happened. Anyway, back in late November, the New York Times pulled out the old mantra about how Bush screwed up the deal in Afghanistan and our troops have been paying for it ever since.
Uncle Jimbo makes it all pretty clear…
- We invade A-Stan with small number of Spec Ops guys and partner w. Northern Alliance and in amazingly successful operation kick Taliban and al Qaeda asses.
- Many of them die, some run to Paktia province, some (incl. bin Laden) run toward Pakistan and stop in highly-fortified Tora Bora. [see below]
- We do the math and since Tora Bora is way the hell up high in the mountains figger out we would have a wicked time resupplying any troops we managed to get up there w/ our limited helicopter support (operating at or above their ceiling) and also they would be ambush bait for bad guys who are real good at that.
- So we decide to try the same thing that worked to kick their asses already. We partnered with local tribes to provide the manpower while we sent Spec Ops support and massive air power.
- We push up there and even the Spec Ops guys have a helluva time because of the terrain. The local tribes more or less screw us and take the money but don’t fight much.
- We still kills hundreds of Taliban and AQ but bin Laden slips off to become a ghost.
- A talking point for the ignorant left, their enablers and military geniuses like F John Kerry is born.
- Rinse and repeat whenever the left needs a club to try and lose a war.
Next freakin’ slide.
Something to add to number 2. Some of the terrorists headed to Iraq … yes Iraq.