Pelosi to Tufts students: Hey, now that I’m minority leader, elections should not really matter. Comments welcome.

While the nation was struggling with the budget crisis, and soldiers were wondering if they were actually going to get paid, Nancy Pelosi was off on the rubber chicken tour, speaking to an event in Medford, MA at Tufts University. But it wasn’t so much that she was ignoring the crisis that hand, it was the message. You need to understand, now that Queen Nancy has lost her crown, elections just shouldn’t matter anymore. Or if they do, Republicans need to start thinking like her. “Republicans need to take back their party.”

Hat tip to AP at Hot Air and Real Clear Politics for this little gem. I’ve included both the video and the transcript. Two key moments for you to watch for: Nancy telling Republicans to take back their party, and, the former speaker telling you that, while it doesn’t matter what party you vote for you should vote for more people like her. I have to say, the lady has chutzpah! And here’s a link to the story at Medford Patch.

Let’s just try and do what’s right for our country I think what … that President Obama is what’s right for our country but if you have a different view try and make sure that the values that I’m sure we all share are reflected in the choice that you make. Another way I would say it to my Republican friends take back your party so that it doesn’t matter so much who wins the election because we have shared values about the future of our children and the growth of our economy how we defend our country, our security, civil liberties and how we respect our seniors. Because there are so many things at risk right now and perhaps another question I’ll get into it if you want. But the fact is elections shouldn’t matter as much as they do. There should be some place on the spectrum where we respect each other’s views and all of that but when it comes to a place where there doesn’t seem to be shared values then that can be problematic for the country.

I know, I know. There are so many holes in this and I could easily point them out. But wouldn’t it be more fun to let our commenters do that. So have at it my little mobsters. Let me hear from Dims, Tom, KGarvis, Winnie, Anne, Tim and Alabama, Lynn, Brian, we are getting hosed, hey, even Sammy. As Queen Nancy just told us it would be so much nicer, now that the Democrats are out of power in the House, if we could all just get along.

Editor’s note: just for your information Tufts happens to be where I take my Springer Spaniel for medical care. Actually it’s a behavioral clinic. Come on now I’m making this too easy for you.

1. RoBrDona
    RoBrDona says:

Hubris, a very calculated ingenuousness, and a shockingly unwaivering view of the world that is so crooked she probably throws compasses and magnets off kilter.

She has brass clanking pills is what she has.

Oh, where to start!  Did elections matter when the Democrat Axis of power was trampling over the will of the American people and the minority party?  Did the lefties "take back their party" or simply let the extremists take over?

This from the woman who almost singlehandedly did the most to threaten the " future of our children and the growth of our economy"?   The woman that thinks she and whoever actually wrote the Øbamcare bill didn't need to be read until it was rubber stamped by her flying monkeys in the House?  The woman, who, with effectively total control of the budget, couldn't be bothered to pass a budget to "defend our country, our security, civil liberties and how we respect our seniors"?

Even though it is far too late to have her spayed, one can hope the specialists at Tufts can modify this errant behavior.  Or just control the delusions…

3. winnie888
    winnie888 says:

Yeaaaah, of course she's saying elections shouldn't matter as much as they do…she's no longer house speaker, her party got their butts handed to them in the 2010 mid-term elections and (God willing) her president is going to be shown the door in 2012.

With any luck, he'll be able to figure out how to open the flippin' thing 😉 when it's time for him to leave.

4. TomL
    TomL says:

She's at Tufts when the budget is being negotiated and the government could be shutdown. Talk about irrelevant employee's

5. Eric
    Eric says:

It's the part about 'shared values' that really gets me going.  The values (or lack thereof) that this nut case is talking about are the primary thing that separate us from them, and she knows this!  The woman has no shame.  She had her chance to "make a difference" and she and her party blew it. End of story.

6. kipitwic
    kipitwic says:

After reading and watching Pelosi, I had to pick myself up from the floor I was laughing so hard.  Unfortunately, reality set in too soon, and I could only wonder what makes a person think like this?  I keep wondering is it that California air?  Anyhow, her ideas and actions are so far fetched that she needs to be evaluated.  What world is this woman living in?  Even Alice in Wonderland isn't over the edge as much as Pelosi.

7. Murphy
    Murphy says:

Looks like Skeletor in drag actually….. oops sorry Senator Skeletor he worked hard for that title.  hahhahahahha

8. brianh
    brianh says:

Call me stupid…or adversely effected by CA air where I just visited, but we do share some of the same stated values. Can't understand why we NEVER have the same strategy for achieving anything, though.

I often think, if only Harvey Milk wasn't assassinated. He would've been more tolerable than Ms Nancy!