Obligatory link to the “How Obama got elected” video
I’m not a big fan of man-on-the-street political interviews by radio and TV shows. Generally, they pick out the people who give funny or uninformed answers and play the answers for laughs. The video, provided in this post, is a bit different. It’s edited in a biased way, but the effort by John Ziegler at How Obama Got Elected is linked with a Zogby poll of 500 Obama voters. I’m not surprised by the results at all.
Vicevich reminds us that the media succeeded in their goal to ensure the population remains uninformed.
From Hot Air.
Let’s start with Zogby’s numbers. The poll surveyed over 500 self-professed Obama voters and has an MOE of 4.4%, with 55% having a college degree and over 90% having a high-school diploma. It asked 12 multiple-choice questions; only 2.4% got at least 11 correct. Only .5% got all them correct.
- 57.4 could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
- 81.8 could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
- 82.6 could NOT correctly say that Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
- 88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
- 56.1 % could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing). And yet …
- Only 13.7% failed to identify Palin as the person their party spent $150,000 in clothes on
- Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter
- And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her “house,” even though that was Tina Fey who said that!
Malkin says it in two simple sentences.
Three words: Stupid people voted.
Lots and lots of stupid people.
OK – here’s the video, and check out Ziegler’s site with the Zogby telephone poll results. But one last thing before the video… It certainly is probable that voters who blindly vote Republican are almost as uninformed as those who blindly voted Obama.
I guess I hang out with people that stay a bit ahead of the curve when it comes to national politics.
Comments are closed.