Obama working on gun control … under the radar

Caught this headline at Instapundit and not sure how much substance stands behind this … but it caught my attention. How about you?

This from a blog called greeleygazette.com and it tells of a private meeting between the President and Jim and Sarah Brady. The following reportedly ensued.

The Washington Post did a story on Steve Crowley, the White House gun control czar. Crowley is considered to be an expert on regulation and tort law. His approach to gun control appears to be a regulatory one.

According to the article, Jim and Sarah Brady visited Capital Hill on March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan; to push for a ban on “large magazines.”

The couple reportedly were meeting with press secretary, Jay Carney, when, according to Sarah Brady, the President came in. She said the President told her he wanted to talk about gun control and “fill us in that it was very much on his agenda.”

She went on to say Obama told her, “I just want you to know that we are working on it. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

Given Obama’s penchant for by-passing Congress and using administrative powers to push an agenda, I am not surprised but I sure would like a little more than this. Make your own judgements.

1. Gary J
    Gary J says:

Well do you or anyone expect less from “your” President? 1 and 1/2 can not go by fast enough,there will be yet more damage.? Sad very sad. I hate to say it but I am ashamed of my country for the first time in my life–electing that dumbass.

2. johnboy111
    johnboy111 says:

I feel sooooo powerless..I also live in Mass. so who can I contact to voice my opinion???John Kerry/John Olver…I am DOOMEDDDDD?

3. GdavidH
    GdavidH says:

Everything with Obama is about regulations. Congress is becoming more irrelevent by the day and the media are a slobbering mess over the “one”.
    I?continue to say….Fear the Obama 2nd term and the end to his need to campaign.

4. Eric
    Eric says:

Obama’s a sap… everyone knows that, but we’ll have a real President when this clown gets tossed out of office. That’s when these ‘hopey-changey’ things can be reversed. This bozo thinks he can do an end run on Congress and expect it to be permanent. Not! He can play his games with our Constitution but he cannot change it! Even the dems in Congress won’t stand for that (except for the liberal yoyos that don’t count).

5. JTHM
    JTHM says:

We knew all along that this guy was snake.? The “moderate” Repubics and “Left/Centrals” have deriding people for saying this guy was going to try to make the Clinton ?AWB permanent or at least snag some more 2nd amnd rights from us .? Giffords was actually used by the left as means to an end, despicable.
    So here we the Brady Bunch in their own words happily saying Obama is looking to undermine?the?the law by?decree….shhhhh don’t tell anyone?? The end of his term cannot come soon enough for me.?

6. JollyRoger
    JollyRoger says:

Tim, it’s just an issue of hyperbole.? I’d trust a dog with my lunch before I’d trust Obama with two dollars.

7. SeeingRed
    SeeingRed says:

Just added a Les Baer 1911 to the stable.? Get while the gettin’s good.? They WILL continue to try and disarm law abiding citizens, period.

Perhaps ?bama should show a small token of his seriousness and goodwill about gun control and disarm his Secret Service protection.