More Wisconsin union thuggery VIDEO UPDATE: Grandma fights back – boycott turns into buycott

Here’s more news that it is not likely you will learn about from the main stream media. Let me first ask you to assume that you own a small business in Racine County, Wisconsin. You open your mail one day and find the following letter.

Dear Union Grove Area Business Owner/Manager,

It is unfortunate that you have chosen ‘not’ to support public workers rights in Wisconsin.  In recent past weeks you have been offered a sign(s) by a public employee(s) who works in one of the state facilities in the Union Grove area.  These signs simply said ‘This Business Supports Workers Rights,’ a simple, subtle and we feel non-controversial statement given the facts at this time…

With that we’d ask that you reconsider taking a sign and stance to support public employees in this community.  Failure to do so will leave us no choice but do a public boycott of your business.  And sorry, neutral means ‘no’ to those who work for the largest employer in the area and are union members. [emphasis supplied]

Jim Parrett

Field Rep.

Council 24 of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees

What do you do now…post a sign that you do not believe in, or risk a boycott of your business?

UPDATE (Jim): this video from Cavuto’s program yesterday. Dawn Bobo, a Wisconsin store owner, tells Stuart Varney the union threatened her if she didn’t display the pro union sign. The grandma dollar store owner had only been in business a few weeks so she refused. Then she went public and since then, “It’s Christmas all over again.” Good sign for upcoming Supreme Court election? Courage.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHB_EdC0JyI

When your argument is weak, threaten, scream, deface property … but ultimately you will face defeat because of people like Dawn.

1. Bill.pep
    Bill.pep says:

OMG. I wish a union person would come to me asking me to put  a sign in my window.

Please mr. union thug come to my door. 🙁

2. TomL
    TomL says:

Boycott the businesses so that they have to lay off more workers therefore increasing the unemployment rate and decreasing the revenue flow to the state so that the state will layoff more union members.

3. Political Entropy
    Political Entropy says:

WOW, “neutral means ‘no’.” That’s completely?absurd. What if the store owner doesn’t want to drive away customers who don’t favor the unions? That’s not the same as ‘no’, but it is neutral. Ahhh! Erroneous logic!

• Dimsdale

Exactly!  In this day of internet sales, who cares if the local thugs boycott your store?

4. mynoc3
    mynoc3 says:

I agree, risk the boycott.  Union members account for about 12-15% of the workforce.  So that's the part that would boycott you.  Second, it worked so well after the Exxon Valdez.  The franchise owners went out of business and now Exxon/Mobil is one of  the largest companies.

5. NH-Jim
    NH-Jim says:

[Sing to <a title="Signs – Five Man Electric Band" href="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_24?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=five+man+electrical+band&sprefix=five+man+electrical+band&quot; rel="nofollow">Signs by Five Man Electric Band]

And the sign says "freaky Scott Walker people need not apply"

So I put on my AFSME union hat and I went in to ask him why

He said you look like a fine outstanding union man, I think you'll do

So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that, huh, me working for you"

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs

supporting unions, breakin' my mind

Do this, don't do that, you betta' read the sign

And the letter says "Any store refusing we'll boycott on sight"

So I opened the door and I yelled at the thug

Hey! What gives you the right!

To put up a sign or force me out, or to keep Big Brother in

If God was here, he'd tell it to your face, man, you're some kind of sinner

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs

supporting unions, breakin' my mind

Do this, don't do that, you betta' read the sign

Oh, say now mister, can't you read

You pay to the unions so we can buy that seat

You don't watch it, no you don't see, you ain't gonna' be here

And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside"