Border, language, culture. Those are the three elements that define a country.
Dr. Juan Hernandez is a dual citizen (Mexico and U.S.A) and was formerly part of President Vicente Fox’s cabinet in Mexico. Let’s list off the information that has been put together concerning Dr. Hernandez.
- Hot Air has found out that Hernandez quietly joined the McCain campaign in November 2007, and seems to be his director of Hispanic Outreach.
- Michelle Malkin has more information on Hernandez as well, and they got together one evening when she was filling in for O’Rielly on The Factor. A video of the exchange is available on Hot Air.
- In an interview on ABC News’s Nightline, Hernandez stated bluntly that he was betting that the Mexican American population in the United States –all generations– “will think Mexico first…”
- Here is a link to an interview with Hernandez, posted on his own Web site, read the entire page. My emphasis added.
Hernández is emphatic. We must not only have a free flow of goods and services, but also start working for a free flow of people.
- Finally, Rep. Tom Tancredo was interviewed on MSNBC on The Situation with Tucker Carlson. My emphasis added.
CARLSON: Well, if that‘s true and I take you at face value, I believe everything you‘re saying is accurate, how can we consider Mexico an ally if the government of Mexico, as you said, is encouraging its citizens to break American law?
TANCREDO: I had a great argument one time with a gentleman by the name of Juan Hernandez who was at that time the minister of that ministry that I just mentioned, the Ministry for Mexicans Living in the United States.
And I asked him that very question. What he told me the purpose of his ministry was to push people into the United States, it was to—by the way, it was also AFC work with them so that they did—he was with the community, he said. He was three days a week in the United States, four in Mexico.
I’ll say it again, McCain is not, and has never been a conservative. If you want a conservative in the White House, McCain is not your choice.