I made a mistake … now, no questions please.

At this point my “outrage” tank is just about on empty.

On background here and here:

In a letter to the Finance Committee that was released Monday, Daschle sought to explain how he overlooked taxes on additional income for consulting work and the use of a car service. He also deducted more in charitable contributions than he should have.

He recently filed amended tax returns for 2005-07 to report $128,203 in back taxes and $11,964 in interest.

Indeed. Moments ago. here he is explaining it all away in front of his buddies Kerry and Rockefeller. His arrogance … along with the wry little smiles on their faces behind them makes me want to gag. We ae the little people … they know it … it just hasn’t sunk in here.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2MLZMII26w

Combine this with Eric “I made a mistake” Holder, Tim “I made a mistake” Geithner, and now Tom “I made a mistake” Daschle. I just want to puke.

1. Erik Blazynski
    Erik Blazynski says:

This is too much. What the hell kind of car is he using that results in a $128,000  tax?  How many appointments has Obama made? And how many scandals? If Hillary Hadn't had all the practice from being married to Bill her laundry would have been aired as well.  There is absolutely no reason for any political person to pay their taxes. When/if you get caught, just saw "woops I screwed up."  They have no reason to protect against the risk of not paying. This is called moral hazard.

-Erik

Methinks our fledgling new Democrat administration and its bevy of demonstrably corrupt and unethical Clinton administration public "servants" are about to provide us with the same service the bull gives the cow…

3. emgee
    emgee says:

President Obama's "ethics reform" is just a myth .  He's loading up his Cabinet with tax cheats and lobbyists, using "exceptions" and personal "mistakes" as an excuse.  I'm having a hard time buying it!

4. Wayne SW
    Wayne SW says:

Wait a second here.  Who are we to question the behavior of the elite as they are hand picked by the super elite?  Is there anyone who has emerged from ChicagoLand that is not tainted with questionable skills.  Of course not.  The Sheeple and Lemmings (the non-thinking voting block with zero measurable intellect) were led methodically into the voting booth and with the Hope and Change lever to pull, via a tricky manuever called cut and paste…..we get more of the same.  Re-Treads.

The World had a low opinion of Geoge Bush, now they can compare Obama to Bush.  Yes, there is a lower level…..Obama Nation has landed.

5. emgee
    emgee says:

Daschle withdrew him nomination!  So did Nancy Killefer.  Maybe our outrage is being heard.  And my "outrage tank" has been refilled.

Now, how do we get Sen. Dodd out?  Is there a recall mechanism in this state?

6. Stephanie
    Stephanie says:

Daschle is simply the guy taking the bullet for all the rest.  Our outrage isn't being heard.  Obama probably had his thugs tell him to bow out or they'd break his knee caps.

Dodd will NEVER be voted out of office.  The voters of CT are Lemmings, just as the voters of MA are with regard to Teddy "the swimmer" Kennedy.  I mean, he killed someone – what 40 yrs. ago – and he keep getting voted in.  If there is no moral outrage over that, do you really think Dodd'd getting the boot over a special deal on a mortgage???  PAHLEASEEEE!