Former Connecticut Democrat Chairman to Obama and Pelosi: Ummm, stay home, please! Update: Where are they welcome?

The former Chairman of Connecticut’s Democrat Party can read the handwriting on the wall … even in the second most liberal state in the nation. But I’m telling you folks, when he yanks the welcome mat, it’s more than just news.

This man is no small time Democrat Party hack. He’s well respected by Republicans and Democrats and I actually admire and like him very much. But he’s still a political animal, so while it may “shock and awe” the rest of the nation, not me. John Droney wants to win in November, and if that means throwing the President and the Speaker under the bus … beep, beep.

From today’s Face the State and Dennis House.

Mr Droney is what we conservatives used to call a “moderate” Democrat? I am not speaking for him, but I am sure he’s not happy with the way the Party has veered so “hard to port”. It makes his job tougher. But if I am wrong, so be it.

Still, this will tell you how far the mighty liberal statist agenda pushers have fallen if the President and the Speaker aren’t welcome in the a state where on a scale of 1 to 10, Connecticut is an 11.

But nothing here is surprising, is it? As AP notes too well, there’s a lot of this “running from the gang of three” going on these days.

No hard evidence here, just Politico reading the tea leaves, but it’s likelier true than false. The One’s been telling congressional Democrats for weeks that he’ll do whatever they want him to do to improve their chances in the fall, including staying away from their districts. If Blue Dogs making the odd joke about Pelosi falling down the stairs helps preserve a Democratic majority, hey.

Your thoughts? Does this mean the Democrats are in real trouble even in the “Constitution State”? Could it be I was actually on the money when I told Ed Morrissey a few weeks ago that I smell a Scott Brown upset here? Do I feel the earth moving under my feet? Or have I listened to too much Carole King in a lifetime?

UPDATE (Jim): Steve M inserted this in comments but it needs to be elevated. He asks the relevant question.

Less than 22 months ago, President Obama won Connecticut with 60.6 percent of the vote as compared to Sen. McCain (R) with 38.3 percent.

President Obama did win many more states with a higher percentage of the vote – including Illinois, Hawaii, Vermont and Massachusetts – and I’m wondering where he will be welcome to come campaign?

1. Wind
    Wind says:

Well..what does that tell you. I feel a Republican Wind blowing through November…but they better be ready to deliver the goods needed to change the conditions and have the common sense to know we will be watching them.

2. Steve M
    Steve M says:

President Obama did win many more states with a higher percentage of the vote – including Illinois, Hawaii, Vermont and Massachusetts – and I'm wondering where he will be welcome to come campaign?

3. SoundOffSister
    SoundOffSister says:

Other than the obvious, what struck me was Mr. Droney's comments about John Larson…"a good man", "a wonderful person".  Larson voted for TARP, the "stimulus" bill, Obamacare, and the financial "reform" bill.  Yeah, he's good and wonderful if you don't mind increased taxes, crippling debt, and European style socialism.  If John Larson is the definition of a good and wonderful man, personally, I'd rather have bad and mundane.

4. TomL
    TomL says:

I remember seeing Larson walking arm and arm with pelosi on the day when she was carrying the gavel when according to everyone teaparty members allegedly spit on and cursed out the members of the black caucus. I've known John Larson for 50 years and I'm extremely disappointed in him.

5. Steve M
    Steve M says:

SOS – It's all about the other congress-critters in Washington don't ya know? "Our" congress-critters are the good guys trying to do their best. It's the other guys and gals who are the political criminals and low-lifes.

6. pauldow
    pauldow says:

As a reminder, the 10 most conservative states in that referenced Gallup information returns a tax freedom day average ranking of position 34 (1 = highest tax load {I don't need to tell you who has that honor}). The 9 most liberal states rank at an average of 8.3. Alaska ranks best because  of all the oil payments.

The harder and faster the political pendulum swings to the left, the harder the return swing to the right.

8. gillie28
    gillie28 says:

No heroes.  No role models.  No one to look up to.  Politicians are pretty much garbage across the board – especially when entrenched in office and/or in Washington.  They all seem to lie to get elected and re-elected.  And we're stupid enough as a nation to believe them time and again, even when they've irrefutably proved they're not trustworthy (ie. McCain's recent "victory").  Politics is just, plain sleazy, corrupt and disheartening.  Go God.

9. TomL
    TomL says:

The problem is that the longer you are in, the higher the committee assignments. The higher the committee assignment the more pork you bring home. Pork= our tax dollars(earnings that we could spend local)  that comes back with strings attached so our elected idiots can look good. Oh there isn't any money to spend lets run up massive deficits so that we (elected idiots) still look good.

10. steve418r
    steve418r says:

I am amazed that both Chris Murphy and John Larson truely believe the things they are doing in government are for the good of the people. I have been asked to donate to both campains and the requests are loaded with rhetoric that touts their accomplishments. It is proporganda at its best! Do they have any idea how it feels to work HARD and have the government take tax dollars? Then squander the money on foolish programs that have nothing to do with the role goverment is supposed to play in our lives? I have written them both letters, but I am not so foolish to believe they have taken the time to read them. They are way to busy finding ways to promote the tax and spend agenda they love so much. I can only hope they are both voted out of office.

11. beekeeper925
    beekeeper925 says:

My prediction. Come November 3, the Republicans will pick up at least 60 House Seats(including Himes, Courtney, and Murphy's seats, and DeLauro and Larson will get a real scare) and at least 10 Senate seats (including a win by Linda McMahon).

I am an optimist about everything in my life (I still think the Red Sox have a chance), but in politics, no way. The absolute worst thing that can happen is for the Republicans to think they can rest. We have two more months and a lot can happen. Do not pat yourself on the back yet.

While I'm at it. I'm working on the Janet Peckinpaugh campaign. The 2nd Congressional District is huge. Beekeeper 925, you listed the 2nd, but her campaign needs help. Money of course, but I come from the days of Grassroots. Call her headquarters tell her of events and go to them with her. Have fundraisers for her. What are YOU doing for these candidates? Sorry for the ad.

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] My preview of the show posted late Thursday night has become one of the most read blog posts I’ve ever written.? Clips of the interview have been seen across the country, courtesy of realclearpolitics.com and has made the rounds locally, namely on WTIC AM 1080′s “Sound off Connecticut.” https://radioviceonline.com/former-connecticut-democrat-chairman-to-obama-and-pelosi-ummm-stay-home-p… […]

2. […] not just Connecticut digging a moat to keep out Democrat leadership. This is just a little addendum to the top news post […]