False promises – Another top-level lobbyist gets a job in Obama administration

It’s almost not worth reporting, simply because President Obama and his administration have issued so many waivers to the “no-lobbyists-in-our-administration” rule we have assumed that promise expired in month one of his reign. But another top lobbyist is now working in the White House.

Hat tip to Ed Morrissey with the Obamateurism of the Day … number 702. From the Washington Post.

As a candidate, Obama pledged that lobbyists “will not run my White House.” But on Monday, the president brought in one of this town’s most prominent lobbyists to run his White House — or at least a nice piece of it.

Steve Ricchetti, whose long list of lobbying clients included Fannie Mae, General Motors, the American Hospital Association and Eli Lilly, was tapped to be counselor to Vice President Biden.

More waivers…

We’ve been saying this for years. Watch what this man does and what the results are as compared to what he says.

I would like to enter a new word into the lexicon to deal with all past, present and future actions by this administration: truthlessness.

2. Truthseeker
    Truthseeker says:

To expect anything different from a democrat or republican is folly.?? People were dumb enough to believe Obama’s camaign promises?? Living under rocks are they?? I’m still PO’ed over Nixon’s 1968 broken?promise? of a speedy end to the Vietnam War.

• Dimsdale

At least with a pol with a record, you can understand where they are coming from.? We still have no idea where ?bama is coming from, but we do know where he is taking us (a big bus plunge).? I am just PO’ed over the media’s complete lack of interest in verifying any of ?bama’s qualifications etc.? People rely on the press, and they let them down.? We elected an empty suit of the first order for “historic” reasons (read it: because he is black).

3. teeoff55
    teeoff55 says:

Doth he lie? ?Let me count the ways…
    “No lobbyists ?in my?administration” (See above)
    “No money in my health care will fund abortion” (Ask Kathleen Sebelius, she makes THAT decision)”This $800 Billion stimulus package will keep unemployment below 8% ?(Tell that to the millions unemployed who pretty much gave up looking for a job when it hit 9.7) ?”Oil production is at an all time high during my administration” ?(All oil drilling permits producing oil today were administered during the Bush administration…it takes at least 7 years to go from permit to refinery).?
    “This is a “do nothing” Republican Congress…(The Republican led congress has passed bill after bill that would effectively deal with the budget deficit, job creation and?unemployment. ?Harry Reid has refused to even bring them forward to a vote in the Senate)

“I killed Osama Bin Laden (Last time I checked it was the Navy Seals, but I could be wrong,,,not!)

Yadda, yadda yadda
    ?
    ?
    ?

4. ricbee
    ricbee says:

Obama has been talking through his hat since the day he started running. His words never have had an really meaning.

Ah, that Bill Gaines were not still alive. He created? MAD Magazine with a partner. It was the best satire magazine until the 1960’s when it was sold. MAD skewered everyone and everything. NO discrimination there, all were treated FAIR and EQUAL! I can only imagine the hoots of derision I would have if he were here to shed light on President Obama and his administration. AKA Robin Hood and his Merry Men!