Lots of news stories and blog posts about the teachers unions taking over the Wisconsin State Legislature yesterday and how the Democrats went into hiding to avoid what I suppose is their sworn duty. In reality they did not just hide, they fled the state.
This is right out of the Democrat’s playbook. If they win an election … they WON. Don’t you remember what President Obama said two years ago? When the legislative and executive branches were held by Democrats, the mantra was “we won, deal with it.”
After the elections last November, the tide turned. Republicans took control of the US House, and many state legislatures flipped too. The 2010 election in Wisconsin was a dramatic shift. Prior to the election, Democrats had a strong hold on both the State Senate and Assembly with 52 Democrats, 33 Republicans and three representing other parties. Republicans now hold 53 of the seats to the Democrat’s 33 – a complete reversal.
So what do Democrats – with total and complete support of public sector unions – do in this situation? Pick any one or combination of the following. In short, they went “Cairo” on Wisconsin’s state government. (Limbaugh suggested TEA Party members should “go Cairo” since it seems to work for Egyptians and Democrats.)
- Hold protests at the state capital. Bring students as human shields to boost the crowd figure even though most of them have no idea why they are there. Take over the capital if possible to ensure lots of video and photos make it to the media before deadlines. In short, mob rule.
- Make lots of signs. If provided with 12 hours notice, the unions can mass-produce signs and hopefully get a grant to pay for them from the Obama political machine.
- Don’t bother voting. If you’re going to lose the vote, just put on a pair of shades and run for the border. They did it in 2003 in Texas, and they did it yesterday too.
- If Democrats are lucky enough to have the names and addresses of those who supported a ballot initiative, they now have a target list for picketing and harassing. Create a Google Map with the names and addresses of all those in favor of – as an example – the ban on gay marriage. Picket and harass.
- If none of the four plans above work, shop a lawsuit to a friendly liberal judge to overturn the will of the people.
What do TEA Party members do?
We go back to the ballot box and throw the bums out.
Run … Run Away!
And how about those signs out in the crowd. Can we just now call an end to civility? 😉