Last evening Secretary of State Hilary Clinton announced that she should take the blame for the lack of security at our Benghazi consulate. This statement was in apparent response to the statement of Vice President Joe Biden last week where he claimed that the White House knew nothing about Ambassador Steven’s request for more security.
Mrs. Clinton was also asked about the source of Ambassador Susan Rice’s comments on national television some five days later that the attack was in response to a video, not an act of terrorism. “You’d have to ask her”, said Mrs. Clinton. Okay, she was asked.
In an interview Monday with The Washington Post, Rice said she relied on daily updates from intelligence agencies in the days before her television appearances and on a set of talking points prepared for senior members of the administration by intelligence officials.
But, that doesn’t make sense.
…we know that within a very short time after the murder of our ambassador (an extraordinary occurrence) and others, our intelligence community did have the story straight: This was an organized al-Qaeda attack.
So, if, within hours of the attack, the “intelligence community” knew this was an organized attack, why didn’t any of Ms. Rice’s daily updates mention this very significant fact?
And, if they did, why did Ms. Rice withhold this information from the American public?