Cavuto on Obama new school nutrition plan – obnoxious

Not to mention another aspect of government control. It’s a nice little debate with nutritionist Mitzi Dulan … and the outcome is predictable … but Cavuto is not. Please sir, may I have some more.

The story revolves around the first lady’s battle against obesity in our kids. Good enough, but too much control over what parents should be doing? I think so.

The Child Nutrition Bill would allocate 4.5 billion dollar over a decade to support school cafeterias and introduce new standards for food sold in schools, including in vending machines.
The legislation, if passed, would effectively allow the Agriculture Department to ban junk food in schools.

Here’s the debate. As Cavuto says … stop telling parents how to raise their kids.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RorcoHP1oDE

Also for your enjoyment:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEQDllvuy1I

1. Tim-in-Alabama
    Tim-in-Alabama says:

Will schools be serving wagyu beef or flying in pizzas from across the nation or having burger summits when they have guests from Russia?

• Dimsdale

Only if one of the Øbamas are coming to visit.  Otherwise, it is healthy ersatz, mock apple pie etc.

Cradle to grave care means cradle to grave control.  Liberty is suffering a death by a thousand (trillion?) cuts.

3. BEA
    BEA says:

PA-LEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I grew up on Twinkies, Fritos, and balony on white bread in my lunch box!!!!

Who do these people think they are???? I'll feed my kids what ever I want to feed them!!!!!

• Dimsdale

Much as with guns, free speech, your own money etc., you simply can't be trusted to do the right thing.

4. winnie888
    winnie888 says:

"Won't someone think of the chiiiiiiildren?"

Gimme a break.  And Mitzi:  The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  I'm sick of the government's "good intentions" when it comes to my bedroom (deadzone), my wallet (empty), and now my kitchen (happiest place in my home for me and my kids!).  The kitchen and everything homemade that comes out of it IS the heart of a home.  I may be despicable for using BUTTER, but not one of my kids complains and they eat anything that I make!

And while they're mandating what my kids can eat for school lunch, could they PLEASE mandate hairnets so my daughter doesn't get hairy pizza this year?  Yes…she got lunchlady hair in her pizza.  Is that considered nutritional by government standards?  ICK!

5. April Lynn
    April Lynn says:

ri·dic·u·lous!!

It's not the governments job to tell me what to feed my children.  Apparently they think that parents are too stupid to make a decision.  The sad thing is, many parents do take their kids to McDonalds every night for dinner, because they are too lazy, not because they are stupid.  People should not have to pay for other peoples bad choices, simple as.  Whats next………

6. Gerry-M
    Gerry-M says:

What?? $4.5 BILLION dollars over 10 years for the Agriculture Department to ban junk food in schools. Are you kidding me? Seems that that amount should be able to feed all the kids for 10 years.

With so much government control and prohibition, the only CHOICE left will be the CHOICE to have an abortion.

7. JollyRoger
    JollyRoger says:

Why don't they cut our taxes and establish some deflation so we can work less for more money and have more spare time to cook healthy meals and take care of our own damned kids!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] the original post here: Cavuto on Obama new school nutrition plan ? obnoxious | Radio Vice … Cavuto on Obama new school nutrition plan ? obnoxious | Radio Vice […]