Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, general chairman of American Solutions has released a formula for real hope and change, 12 American Solutions for Jobs and Prosperity.
American Solutions is one of those small 527 organizations that does a very good job taking the lead in political education. They reach out to everyone, and claim to be a non-partisan group that strives to find and promote effective solutions.
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of Newt for a couple of reasons – especially his environmental statements and partners – but many of these ideas are worth passing along. These solutions are based on conservative principles to an extent, are well thought out, and well presented.
You do not see this type of effort from the liberal left.
Tied in with the American Tea Party events planned for this Friday (Feb. 27), Newt is asking you to print out the 12 solutions from American Solutions and pass them around.
Honestly, I’m happy that there are no outright crazy environmental spending solutions in this package. Here is Newt’s introduction video and the full list of 12.
- Payroll Tax Stimulus. With a temporary new tax credit to offset 50% of the payroll tax, every small business would have more money, and all Americans would take home more of what they earn.
- Real Middle-Income Tax Relief. Reduce the marginal tax rate of 25% down to 15%, in effect establishing a flat-rate tax of 15% for close to 9 out of 10 American workers.
- Reduce the Business Tax Rate. Match Ireland’s rate of 12.5% to keep more jobs in America.
- Homeowner’s Assistance. Provide tax credit incentives to responsible home buyers so they can keep their homes.
- Control Spending So We Can Move to a Balanced Budget. This begins with eliminating Congressional earmarks and wasteful pork-barrel spending.
- No State Aid Without Protection From Fraud. Require state governments to adopt anti-fraud and anti-theft policies before giving them more money.
- More American Energy Now. Explore for more American oil and gas and invest in affordable energy for the future, including clean coal, ethanol, nuclear power and renewable fuels.
- Abolish Taxes on Capital Gains. Match China, Singapore and many other competitors. More investment in America means more jobs in America.
- Protect the Rights of American Workers. We must protect a worker’s right to decide by secret ballot whether to join a union, and the worker’s right to freely negotiate. Forced unionism will kill jobs in America at a time when we can’t afford to lose them.
- Replace Sarbanes-Oxley. This failed law is crippling entrepreneurial startups. Replace it with affordable rules that help create jobs, not destroy them.
- Abolish the Death Tax. Americans should work for their families, not for Washington.
- Invest in Energy and Transportation Infrastructure. This includes a new, expanded electric power grid and a 21st century air traffic control system that will reduce delays in air travel and save passengers, employees and airlines billions of dollars per year.
The Conservative Revolution has tips on how to organize your own Tea Party protest, and if you know of any local events, send us an e-mail via our Contact form and we’ll post them on this page.
PajamasTV has a listing of events.