Why I love Texas

I keep hoping a business in Connecticut will have the “cashews” (thank you Larry Elder) to do something like this.

This picture sent to me via our iPhones from blog captain Steve McGough. It’s a marquee in downtown San Antonio. It’s just one of two Texas cities i have spent time in. I love it, more so now.

One more note Tea Party folks, the marquee is just down the street from the Alamo. And if you have never been to the Alamo you must put it on your list for you and/or your children. It will make you misty eyed for sure.

Filed in: News Tags: , , ,

Related Posts

Bookmark and Promote!

From the owners: This section is for comments from Radio Vice Online's registered readers. Never assume the owners of this site agree with or otherwise endorses any particular comment just because we let it stand. Anyone who fails to comply with our terms of use - a must read if you wish to contribute here - may lose their posting privileges. Just because we've let a similar comment stand in the past does not mean we'll let it stand in the future.

8 Responses to "Why I love Texas"

1. Texas-ex1977 says:

Can only imagine the signs in the Panhandle! ;-)

2. Plainvillian says:

People often vote with their feet.  Texas will probably add four congressional seats after the census while California will add none for the first time in decades and other bastions of Liberalism will loose representatives.

• Texas-ex1977 says:

The NUMI plant in Fremont, CA is relocating to San Antonio, which will help to substantiate this point!

3. Anne-EH says:

TX living up to its reputation as the LONE STAR STATE in the truest sense of the words.

4. Anne-EH says:

PS: A small business version of a tea party sign. :)=^..^=

5. Anne-EH says:

This should be the new cover for any revised version of the late James Mitchner's book, by the same name, "TEXAS" instead of the Alamo, which is down the street. :)=^..^=

6. just sayin says:

Love that prominent ONE WAY sign with the arrow pointing to the… left!?  Oh, my.  Or conversely, is it pointing to the marquee's message?  Double oh, my.  Is someone "upstairs" tryin' to tell us somethin'?  I'm just sayin', that's all…  (Thanks, Jim, for that one.)