Piers Morgan – Turns out he’s a designer shoe aficionado

I wonder what it’s like, you know … to be able to appreciate shoes that cost upwards of 3,000 USD.

Americans – and it seems CNN’s Piers Morgan – have some sort of fascination with what celebrities wear, and of course, celebrity-status is applied to politicians and the wives of politicians. In this case … the first lady. From the National Review.

While discussing Michelle Obama’s shoes, a pair by designer Jimmy Choo, [CNN's Piers] Morgan enthusiastically praised the selection: “As a man, who regularly buys Jimmy Choos, because I appreciate female shoes, Jimmy Choo is the best in the world right now and another great choice by the First Lady.”

jimmy-choo-shoesWho the hell are these people? A quick Google search for ‘Jimmy Choo shoes’ provides a promising list of choices for the Morgan/Obama crowd, with women’s pairs starting at only $449. Many are $800 and there is a pair listed for $2,995. My guess is Obama’s choice was not an off-the-shelf pair, more likely a custom one-off design, but as near as I can tell, similar Choo shoes to what the first lady wore cost $600.

I have a very difficult time spending $100 on my running shoes once a year, and don’t get me started on the UnderArmor underwear I like … they cost $28 a pair. (OK … too much information.)

Do I have an issue with how much money people like Morgan spend on clothes? No, I don’t, it’s there money. I do have a problem when the same people buying and or wearing Jimmy Choo shoes complain about “exorbitant” corporate profits, big oil profits, slave labor around the world or my choice to drive an SUV?

What do you think?

Filed in: Featured, News Tags: , ,

Related Posts

Bookmark and Promote!

From the owners: This section is for comments from Radio Vice Online's registered readers. Never assume the owners of this site agree with or otherwise endorses any particular comment just because we let it stand. Anyone who fails to comply with our terms of use - a must read if you wish to contribute here - may lose their posting privileges. Just because we've let a similar comment stand in the past does not mean we'll let it stand in the future.

11 Responses to "Piers Morgan – Turns out he’s a designer shoe aficionado"

1. Lynn says:

I think Michelle looks better in those trendy sequined tennis shoes she wore before. More in keeping with her new highly admired wig.

2. JollyRoger says:

It’a always a scandal if Ann Romney or Palin wear something that’s even perceived as expensive- very ironic!

3. Dimsdale says:

You can’t make this stuff up.  The Morgan jokes are just too easy, even for me….

I buy my shoes from Sam Walton.  The Øbama economy ensures that we cart pullers will be doing that far more than we would like.

4. JBS says:

A shoe fetish! How consistent with being a flaming fop, a preening dandy, along-nosed elitist liberal . . .
    You know what? I don’t care a wit about the disgraced English fribble, “Peers” Whatshisname.
    Now, if he wore Stuart Weitzman creations that would be another story or drank champagne out of Princess Diana’s old kicks or has a shoe closet, well . . .

5. SeeingRed says:

Where I come from, Piers would be considered a Nancy…not that I’m judging mind you, but I just wish he had better taste….

6. Linda Mae says:

Yes, it’s their money – and they should be able to spend it like they want…..
    However, wasn’t M’s coat or dress designed by the same designer A. R. used in her $900 tee shirt?  The press were rabid.  Makes me wonder how much a whole garment would cost?
    The O’s have champagne tastes and the pocketbook to back them up.  They can spend whatever they want.  The sky’s the limit.  Only, I wish their attitude wasn’t the same one they use for government spending.  Don’t worry about the price – you won’t have to pay for it…..that’s their philosophy–wish I could be so lucky.  My credit card comes due monthly…..

• Dimsdale says:

It’s easy to spend their money as they want when we foot the bill for their lavish vacations and parties.

7. Linda Mae says:

Oh – not to be catty…..meow…..but yahoo has twin pictures of M in both gowns…..it looks like she had more than her bangs done.  Either a little facial reconstruction, good make-up, or the result of 3 weeks of fun in the H. sun.   meow, meow…