Palin rides with the “hogs” into DC … Matthews asks “Who are these guys?”

I know … Sarah Palin can’t win. Yet she still draws rock star crowds who see her as “one of them”. I still contend she scares the heck out of the establishment because she would likely make it her mission to clean up Washington, and that, my mobsters, is just what Americans want. Well yesterday she rode into Washington not on her bus on a “hog” … and that has Chris Matthews all a “twitter”.

As you may know, Palin is starting a bus tour through the northeast(minus Connecticut) and kicked it off in DC in high style. From Jim Holf:

Great stuff … but hard to understand for a man like Chris Matthews. Last Thursday night Matthews asked his panel … “tell me about this culture”, of these big burly disaffected hog riders. I kid you not … watch.

Good Lord.

Filed in: Featured, Media

Recent Posts

Bookmark and Promote!

From the owners: This section is for comments from Radio Vice Online's registered readers. Never assume the owners of this site agree with or otherwise endorses any particular comment just because we let it stand. Anyone who fails to comply with our terms of use - a must read if you wish to contribute here - may lose their posting privileges. Just because we've let a similar comment stand in the past does not mean we'll let it stand in the future.

33 Responses to "Palin rides with the “hogs” into DC … Matthews asks “Who are these guys?”"

1. RoBrDona says:

My family has fought for America since the Pequot War of 1634-8. I am a 12th generation American and to my knowledge not one of us, no matter the excellent education, opportunities, and in some cases financial resources, has ever been an elitist. Oh, yes we rub shoulders with them all the time. I pity them on the basis of their perceived superiority. If this entitlement is the basis of their existence it is truly a shallow one, as it perceives in black and white only, and misses the true colors of America.

2. Plainvillian says:

Chris Mathews suffers chronic recto-cranial immersion.

3. Dimsdale says:

“Continue the fawning press??”  What the heck would negative press look like?

As for “being a regular guy/gal”, why not?  People want elected reps to look like them, and be like them, and think like them, to steal a line from the race quota crowd.  They are sick of elitist, holier than thou politicians that look down their noses at you, unless it is election time of course.  Can you imagine Øbama riding a hog and rubbing elbows with some bikers?  No, neither can I.  It would be “Kerry in the bunny suit” or “Dukakis in the tank” all over again.  But Palin can pull it off.  The MIA backer argument is just stupid, as Palin was an infant at the time of the Vietnam war.  They can’t tie her to McCain on this one.  She is bringing more attention to their cause than distracting from it.

“I love the smell of the emissions!”  LOL!  Take that, you CO2 sniffers!

4. sammy22 says:

The Founding Fathers were elitists (check their credentials) and wanted to do good by us the plebes. When did the plebes turned this around?

5. sammy22 says:

Ms. Palin may regret the photo w/ the “tin” hat.

6. TomL says:

Can I hear a 2012?  This is for you Sammy

7. TomL says:

Wouldn’t let me put in the picture

8. sammy22 says:

TomL, which pic do you think the Dems would use against her? Even this blog showed her in the “tin” hat!!

9. Eric says:

Chris Matthews would be nothing without the support of the nut-cases on the extreme left. Nothing he says really matters anymore. He lost the patriots in Middle America long ago.

10. ricbee says:

I do like the lady,but I don’t think the USA wants a woman this time around. Obama is a Carter redux & we’ll need a Reagan redux -a strong white warrior.

11. steve418r says:

Palin is just fine. Mathews is a first class race baiting jerk.

12. Captainzipper says:

“I love the smell of emissions.” If she is going to run then I dare say that comments like this are a liberal opponent’s soundbite dream come true. Yowzer.

As far as Mathews, he is so biased that it’s not even funny. His bias of people in leathers now. It idiotic comments just keep coming.

13. David R says:

Sammy is right about the founding fathers being the elite of the nation. Lots of wealthy people and lawyers. (We CT radicals from the poorer classes, particularly those from eastern CT were a worry to the Boston “elite” radicals.) Re  Sarah Palin: popular yes but I don’t see her as a serious candidate. Don’t we want a president who is smarter and more well informed than we are?  I’ve never heard a Liberal say he/she feared her as a candidate. Mostly what I hear, besides bewilderment, is that McCain helped defeat himself when he chose her, so how, on her own can she be a threat?

14. Dimsdale says:

The founding fathers may have been elite, but were not self appointed elite, like our current pols for life.  Most of the founders were reluctant pols, while the current crop seek it out to gain power that honest work will never grant them.   Assuming they even know what honest work is, of course.

One has to wonder if Øbama would have survived the kind of full body cavity search level scrutiny that Palin has endured.  Both have flaws, but at least there are no secrets with Palin.  Not anymore, anyway.

Palin is a “what if”, while Øbama is a “WTF”.

15. Marilyn says:

2012 Palin-West

16. crystal4 says:

Palin-Bachman!

17. David R says:

Dimsdale: the founding fathers were self-appointed elite. If not, tell me please who elected them? They were in fact a minority who dragged America into a war that only about a third of the colonists supported. One estimation is that another third were pro-England and the remaining third neutral. Aside from that, can someone point to anytime in the nation’s history when we have elected someone as “average” as Sarah Palin? Her presence on the scene may make the average person feel like he/she has a voice in the frey, but when push comes to shove, I think they will choose someone that looks more like what we have chosen before.

18. Dimsdale says:

Au contraire: by “self appointed elites”, I mean that they get the “do you know who I am” attitude after gaining office.  And not long after.  Washington didn’t appoint himself president if I recall correctly.

As for “average”, please define.  Bush, Kerry and Gore were all mediocre students.  How “above average” would Øbama have been without affirmative action, liberal “white guilt”, constant unsupported assurances by the press and other Democrats that Øbama is “very intelligent” (despite constant intelligence “lapses” and college scores we still are not privy to)?

19. rickyrock says:

Oh please ……………Obama is extremely intelligent and well spoken..Oh I know he reads from a teleprompter ..then i guess you could say he reads better than Bush or Palin. So we don’t know his grades ???? I bet they’re better than moron Bush’s ..any day. Palin unfortunately is pure trailer park..never does she come up with one cogent idea relating to anything.It’s always negative Obama bashing….easy to criticize …didn’t George Bush  take a Clinton surplus of  5.6 trillion dollars and turn it into a deficit….wake up guys..
    Oh and that 5.6 trillion figure comes from Chuck Collins a scholar at the Institute for Policy studies…sorry no link

20. Dimsdale says:

Oh where to start!  “Extremely intelligent and well spoken”?  Sure, if “um” makes one well spoken.  And reading from teleprompters?  Well, there’s reading from one, for prompts on a speech you know, and then there is using it as a crutch, completely dependent on it for delivery.  YouTube has several nice examples where Øbama completely “died” when his teleprompter broke, but Palin, in her acceptance speech, had a teleprompter failure, and the only people that knew it were her and her staff, because she had to, excuse me, could deliver it from memory.

Hmmmm, “moron Bush”.  Then I guess John Kerry and Al Gore are morons too, having gotten the same average grades in college.  At least they were brave enough to have theirs publicized!

“Coming up with one cogent idea relating to anything.  It is always negative Øbama bashing…”    Do you really want to go down that road with Øbama, king of the Bush bashers?  Cogent thought.  Show me.

“…didn’t George Bush  take a Clinton surplus of  5.6 trillion dollars and turn it into a deficit?”  Clinton managed to claim a surplus was that while the general operating budgets ran deficits but Clinton borrowed from…

21. Dimsdale says:

(continued)  ….numerous off budget funds to make the on budget fund look like a surplus.  Clinton really ran deficits every year of his presidency.  Collins is a far left wing writer for a far left institution.  I think the reference you are looking for is
    but he does not provide real data, much as you don’t provide evidence for Øbama’s alleged intelligence.  How can you bet if you don’t have the grades?  I would love to at least know he is the smartest guy in the room in D.C. (not the hardest thing to do) and took at least one or two economics courses.
    (sorry Steve….)

22. kateinmaine says:

i believe that a large segment of the so called ‘founding fathers’ were conscripted based upon their knowledge/education, financial success or personal likability.  farmers, lawyers, teachers, soldiers, ministers, printers, businessmen–pretty run of the mill.   you might also concede a heaping helping of personal courage, far beyond the norm.  their illuminated thinking on so many levels served as a platform for generations of americans to achieve more than they’d ever dare dream.  but that was before virtues like humility and diligence were relegated to the trash heap of social progress.  as for simple, average guys who became president–how about lincoln?  many, including the current question mark, list him as among the best.  gee–when you break it down, palin doesn’t seem so outlandish at all. . .

23. sammy22 says:

I wonder who “conscripted” the Founding Fathers. As for farmers, two of them where Washington and Jefferson. Some farmers……..did they have slaves too?

24. Dimsdale says:

Maybe “drafted” would be a better word.

You wouldn’t be changing the subject with the slavery issue, would you sammy?

25. mystery machine says:

I can’t think of a better word for Palin other than “vapid”.
    Dim, you’re silly to think Palin and Obama are comparable in smarts.  She offers nothing but empty platitudes and vicious snipings.  Sure Obama says, “Um”, but maybe he’s thinking of what he’s about to say rather than blather like your man Bushie.
    And to say all his achievements can be written off merely as affirmative action is an insult, though it’s probably meant to be.  I did not go to Yale, but my wife did; and she says that a C+ given to legacies is equivalent to an F anywhere else.  So maybe both Bush and Kerry were dumber still.

26. sammy22 says:

Dims, I apologize for “changing” the subject. It will not happen again.

27. crystal4 says:

She isn’t that “vapid” when it comes to money. She has learned how to live off her gullible followers just like the evangelists on TV.
    “Give, baby, give.”
    This is her last ride-the time has come for her to say she isn’t running…she can’t put it off any longer….and she will fade into oblivion.

28. Dimsdale says:

Mystery: I didn’t say she was smarter or “comparable in smarts” to Øbama.  I only stated that there is no evidence that Øbama is as smart or smarter than her.  Her showing on FNS this morning (which Øbama shuns or fears) was quite impressive.  Maybe it was a fluke.  Do you really thing Øbama isn’t full of “empty platitudes and vicious snipings”?  Watched any of his speeches?  Snarky and smarmy most of the time.  As for the “um” and blathering, there are several examples of Øbama going way off track and off subject (not counting the teleprompter failure “crash and burns”).  Are you saying that legacy grades are equivalent to affirmative action?  Maybe Bush got a pass.  At least you have grades with which to judge.  I suppose the MBA from Harvard was one too, right?  I don’t think “vapid” is the word you want, btw.

I think Øbama has learned to ” live off his gullible followers just like the evangelists on TV”, or really, the pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ…

Sammy: just tweaking you, buddy!  ;-)

29. MiddleoftheRoad says:

Here is your “brilliant” Rock Star Presidential Candidate.  The only reason the establishment is scared of her is because we are scared to death of her ever becoming president.  Must I remind you of the Katie Couric interview, the writing of her 3 issues on her hand (I’m sure it’s a challenger for her to remember 3 things), the whole Alaska/Russia comment and then there is this by Professor Palin:

I”m pretty sure Obama would have got this one right.
    Too funny!

30. Dimsdale says:

I seriously doubt she is even running, much less capable of winning, but I said that about Øbama too!

Must I remind you that Øbama requires prescreened questions for interviews, should write notes on his hand, given his abysmal performance when the teleprompter dies (it must be a challenge to remember even the basics of a speech you are giving), 57 states, Army Air Corpseman, etc.

For your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hZpJp7U3Y

Hilarious!  And frightening.

Of course, you probably didn’t see most of these, or for very long, if you watch and believe the liberal media.

31. crystal4 says:

I always find it amusing that you accuse others of changing the subject.
    The topic could be about hog futures and you spin it into an Obama bashing fest…and always make sure that you get the last word.

32. Dimsdale says:

I addressed mystery’s points one by one, as I did David R’s.  How is that “changing the topic”?

You do know that a “hog” is a Harley motorcycle, right (really an acronym for Harley Owners Group)?  ;-)