In spite of his abysmal performance in a Senate hearing this week, Chuck Hagel (RINO, Ne.) will be confirmed by the Senate as Secretary of Defense. Democrats in the Senate have circled the wagons and deemed that abysmal is acceptable.
Yes, our military will be decimated under his watch, but look on the bright side. We can use that money for windmills and solar panels and Obama phones. Given this President, whoever fills that cabinet position will be simply an empty suit anyway.
Besides, Al Quada is “on the run” per the President’s campaign rhetoric, and, per his inaugural address, “a decade of war is now ending”.
Since his inaugural address,
• Israeli warplanes on Wednesday struck a truck convoy outside Damascus and headed to Lebanon’s Hezbollah, according to news reports, amid concern about the spread of chemical and advanced antiaircraft weapons from convulsive Syria.
• The U.S. commander in Kabul predicted a tough spring of fighting and “an uncertain future” for Afghanistan.
• The French retook northern Mali from Islamist militias.
• Egypt’s military chief warned of the “collapse” of the Arab world’s largest nation.
• China moved ahead with naval exercises around Pacific islands disputed with Japan.
And, were that not enough, our current Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta, warned last week that,
Iran’s paramilitary force [is engaged in] an intensified campaign to destabilize the Middle East by smuggling antiaircraft weapons to its militant allies.