I saw this yesterday morning just before leaving work and was so stunned that I guess I just forgot to mention it. But it’s well worth noting that when it comes to politics the motto is just say anything to keep your man in office.
I’ll let you watch the video 1st, then I’m going to add some commentary from Ed Morrissey over at hot air who follows the economy probably better than anyone. But suffice it to say the new DNC chair either doesn’t have a clue, or misunderstood the question.
The numbers are as plain as the lines in front of an unemployment office. Bur rather than have me explain it here is the breakdown from Ed Morrissey over at hot air.
- Jobless rate in January 2009: 7.8%. Jobless rate in November 2011: 8.6%.
- Number of employed in January 2009, in thousands: 133,563. In November 2011: 131,708
- Civilian participation rate in January 2009: 65.7%. In November 2011: 64.0%
- Unemployment level in January 2009, in thousands: 11,984. In November 2011: 13,303
- Number of people not in labor force, January 2009, in thousands: 80,554. In November 2011: 86,558